Sunday, October 30, 2011

October Dividend Income

Well, another month has almost passed, making it time to take a look back and see how I did dividend-wise.  This was a great month for me; I'm almost debt free now (hope to be totally debt free by the end of the year) and I finally have my roth IRA in the brokerage house I want it in; I'm now just waiting on a market dip to purchase stocks for it.  I also made a 2500 dollar contribution to it, I hope to make the full 5k contribution in the next few months.  As far as dividends in taxable accounts, it was a great month:

ERH - 42.38
NM - 18.00
O - 10.16
GE - 15.00
CIM - 195.00
Bank Stock - 2954.00

TOTAL - $3,234.54

As far as what I did with the money, the bank stock money went towards the 2500 I recently put into the roth; the rest was put in a savings account.  The dividends from the other stocks are just sitting idle for the time being in my scottrade account; I'll collect some more dividends in the beginning of November, plus now that I don't have a car payment, I can throw some more money in there, and aim to make another purchase in my taxable account next month as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment