Saturday, October 27, 2012

Recent Purchase FGP

When I purchased intel last week, I also made another purchase:





I picked up 100 shares of FGP at $18.27 per share.  Ferrellgas is an MLP (I've written about those before) in the propane business.  They pay a quarterly distribution of 50 cents a share, and have been for several years.  This is a little bit more of a risky play, as their balance sheets look a little shaky, but I feel that the business model is strong, and the company will maintain the distribution.

As far as my portfolio goes, my projected dividend income for the next 12 months now sits at $21,741.  I probably could hit 22K by the end of the year, but I'm not going to push it.  I still have a fair bit of cash currently sitting in my investment account, so I could make another purchase soon.  Any suggestions?  Aside from that, october was another great dividend income month, and I'll be writing the update shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment