Sunday, October 21, 2012

Recent Purchase - INTC

As I said, I made a couple of purchases on Friday.  I'm going to talk about one of them here today:

I purchases 100 shares of intel (INTC) at $21.30 a share.  This is a new position for me, the stock has been falling for a few weeks now, so I felt like now was a good time to get in.  One of the major reasons for the price drop has been the slow down of PC purchases, as more people opt for using tablets and their smart phones for their computing needs.  However, I have faith in intel; I feel like they'll be able to get their chips into those devices as well.  Further, their competition doesn't have anywhere near the talent or resources that intel has.  The only thing that really concerns me with intel is this "take it or leave it" business model they cling to; I feel like it leaves the door open for a competitor to come in and work better with customers to create a better overall device.  However, there's no one in the space right now that poses a real threat to intel.

With a purchase price of $21.30, my yield is 4.2%.  The purchase will give me a dividend income of $90 a year, bringing my projected dividend income for the next 12 months to $21,541.17!  This figure also includes the recent CLMT dividend increase.

I'll shortly be writing about my other recent purchase.  Also, I still have some cash left in my account that I hope to use before the end of the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment