Saturday, November 10, 2012

Recent Purchase - AT

Well, that was the correction we were looking for!

I took advantage and picked up 154 shares of atlantic power (AT) at 12.74 per share.  This will provide around $14.50 per month in dividend income, or $174.02 per year.  I know that I didn't get it at its absolute bottom, but I'm happy with this purchase price.

I get another infusion of cash in my taxable account at the end of this week.  Hopefully prices will stay depressed for the time being and I'll be able to get more good deals!

What did you guys buy on the correction?

2 comments:

  1. Good buy, but dont forget its a Canadian company and subject to the 15% withholding tax unless held in an IRA. Also it isnt currently profitable, although it is expected to be soon from what Ive read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HYS,

    Thanks for stopping by. I was actually thinking of buying this for my roth, but ended up buying it in a taxable account. I should be able to recoup some of that money in my returns, and luckily for me, I won't have to figure this out, my accountant will. You're right, its not profitable right now, but I do think that will change, and I'll happily collect the dividend while I wait. It actually recently took another dip, would you buy at this level?

    ReplyDelete