Saturday, December 3, 2011

November Dividend Update

Well, its been a pretty rocky month for me personally.  I took a paycut at work, and there's really no telling how much longer I'll be employed period.  I knew this was a possibility, which is one of the reasons I really wanted to focus on saving and investing for cash flow.  The whole situation has forced me to take a long hard look at how much I'm making in dividends currently to see if I could live off of them currently.  I think it would be close, but I'd be much better off waiting longer.  However, I just got the news this morning that my bank stock dividend is going up 5 cents a share quarterly, which represents over a 300 dollar a quarter increase, which is great for me!  Anyway, on to the November dividend update:

CLMT - $279
LINE - $414
O - $10.16
ERH - $42.38

TOTAL = $745.54

Not bad!  I'll be happy when the Feb-May-Aug-Nov dividend totals are over $1000, but 'm getting close to it!

In other news, I'm thinking of getting rid of one of my savings accounts and just taking the money and buying up shares of a very conservative dividend stock (think PG, JNJ, etc.).  Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment