Thursday, November 10, 2011

Recent Purchase

Well, I finally purchased stock for my re-vamped Roth IRA.  If you recall, I wrote a few weeks ago about how I was changing around my roth IRA.  I've had my eye on ARR for quite some time now.  Today was the ex-dividend date, so I decided to go ahead and buy today on the dip.  I bought 1110 shares at 6.97.  Using the current dividend yield, I will be collecting $122.10 per MONTH.  I realize this is a pretty risky play, but the idea here is to purchase high-yield, high risk stocks in the beginning, and then over time, use the large dividends and annual contributions to purchase incrementally lower yield/risk stocks.

I'll be collecting some dividends next week in my taxable account, so I'll be looking to buy something there soon as well.

Big J

No comments:

Post a Comment